- Who: the main character is the targeted user or audience.
This kind of models help a large number of audience majorly, stock market investors and financial advisors. Also the following set of people in addition to them:
- The ones who are interested in investing, but have no idea on which stocks to invest on
- The ones who are financial not very knowledgable but are trying to gain knowledge in this field and want to know the flow/statistics
- The ones who might not have thought that the news related to a particular stock would affect its cost
- The ones who were investing on a stock when it is actually overpriced
- The ones who want to invest smart since it is their hard owned money
- What can the application do? What does the visualization show?
The application helps in analyzing the sentiment values based on the news archives related to a stock. With the combination of the sentiment values and the stock price prediction, it shows the changes on the value of the stock with respective to the sentiment value on the stock over time. Below shows some of the company’s stock vs sentiment values.
- When can the user use the application/visualization?
The user can use these visualizations to analyze when to invest on the stock market by keeping the news related articles also in consideration. Also, when the user needs to know whether a particular stock is over/underpriced at a particular point of time.
- Where will the visualization and applications be deployed, for example, mobile phones, the web, or IoT devices?
As of now, the application is in the form of neural network models with visualizations regarding the stocks and sentiments. In the future, these models can be used as services which in turn can be used in websites, mobile phone apps, etc. to make it easily and widely reachable to the end user.
- Why is the visualization or application useful to the user?
These kind of visualizations help the user to anticipate his/her investment easily. They will also know when to buy and when to sell a particular stock not only by looking at the stock values but also with the sentiment analysis graph.
- How will the people/the community use this application or visualization to make changes?
The community of stock market investors and the financial advisors can analyze the value of the stock by looking at the visualizations more efficiently. Also, they would be able to advice their customers on which stock to invest more effectively than before.