- Hotel Management System is an Android application which is used to implement a hotel booking/facilities
application where user can search hotels in database and book them. The users
can customize their choices and preferences about food, pets, kitchen and many
required features using this web application before checking in. The hotel staff uses these preferences of the guests to keep everything prepared as required. The
application provides details about the facilities offered by the hotel to it’s
guests and the guidelines to reach them.
- Who are the people or communities in need of help?
- People ( Guests or customers ) who stay at hotels/Motels/Inn suites.
- What problem happened to them?
Because of the current pandemic, lesser
interaction in-person benefits everyone by not spreading the virus further.
Hence the web application of Travel crew facilitates virtual interaction over
messages sent to different hotel service teams/members and the guest.
A web application is needed rather than
just direct messages so that each guest’s profile is maintained and the stay is
personalized. Also it is easier to keep track of every guest and their needs if
they are segregated in their own profile.
Having a profile for each guest also
makes it user friendly for the guest and educates them about different perks
the hotel has to offer along with the rules , timings , instructions etc.
- When did the problem take place?
Earlier this year 2020: Pandemic
Even though we did not have a pandemic, it will be easier to have a web application which can personalize and make a guest’s stay as smooth as possible.
Also one more major advantage is that, hotels can analyze and make informed decisions in future about the guests they are serving. Since they have the data with them already in each guest profile, it is easier to study what aids in the hotel’s success (Big data application).
We also get sincere feedbacks using the web application, as many people might not be able to give feedback in-person if its negative
- Where means two things:
- 1) The environment and settings that the people or the community is living in, and
The Hotels/Motels or Inns where guests stay over a time period
- 2) the place/location where the problem take place.
- Why means the possible causes and/or origin of the problem.
We have 2 causes for development of this application. They are,
1) For no in-person Interactions required due to pandemic
2) Each guests requirements study for analysis of the business
- How: If you would like, you can add a dimension of how. How did it happen? Sometimes, the answer to how can be covered by what, when and where.
- Previously when no personalized information about each guests were saved, it would be
difficult to know what guests like/hate/would like to have in a hotel facility.
Many don’t give feedback since they would be in a hurry and would not waste
time in a place which they stay for temporarily.