Dataset #1: Food Nutrition
- This nutritional dataset is for the millions of Americans who have unhealthy eating habits.
- This dataset records the daily value percentage (%DV) of raw fruit, raw vegetables, and cooked seafood based on a 2000 calorie diet. Apart from calories the dataset also records calories from fat, total fat, sodium, potassium, and total carbohydrates.
- This dataset has been updated in the last month to include the updated nutritional values from the FDA website.
- This is a national dataset that covers all of the United States, which will be helpful for us since our targeted customer base ranges all across the country.
- This dataset will educate them on the nutritional value of healthy food groups and encourage them to change their eating habits and strengthen calorie intake.
Dataset #2: Recipes
- This data set includes various recipes from around the world, their preparation time and the type of course they are.
- The recipe dataset includes the ingredients included in the recipes which would aid in caloric intake.
- This data set includes various dishes from different countries and cultures which be helpful because of the different cultures of those that could use the application
- This data set was updated 4 months ago so it is fairly recently updated
Dataset #3 Restaurants
- This data set is about restaurants across the country, their city, latitude and longitude, and name.
- This information is about the amount of fast food restaurants in particular cities and records the number of restaurants per capita.
- This data set was updated one year ago.
- The United States- which is where our app aims to assist people.
- The data was collected to determine cities with the most, least, and over all number of fast food restaurants. This will allow people needing a quick meal to easily locate a restaurant based on their nutritional needs.